Phases of Electoral Roll Preparation
First Phase: Data Collection
- Preparation of area-based primary estimation of voters on the basis of previous electoral roll. - Recruitment of required numbers of assistant registration officers (AROs), and one supervisor for every five enumerators and one enumerator for every 300-400 voters on the basis of the estimations.
- As such recruitments get underway, building awareness among the people about the process by using mass media.- Forming various committees comprising local public representatives, and representatives of local administration and civil society to further coordination.
- Publishing advertisements for the recruitments of area-based data entry operators, team leaders etc., sorting through the received job applications, taking exams and giving appointments.
- Printing and distribution of Form-2 for data collection.
- Preparing registrar books, voter slips and procuring stamp pads for enumerators. Handing the procured goods over to district election officers.- Taking steps to enroll voters in jails under special arrangements.
- Arranging one-day orientation for assistant registration officers.
- Imparting three-day training to supervisors and enumerators.
- Imparting 3-10 days of training to data entry operators and team leaders.
- Giving the Form-2 and other required items out to enumerators.
- Collecting of data in Form-2 through door-to-door visits by the enumerators at least 7-10 days ahead of schedules set for photograph-taking. Keeping detailed records of seriousely ill and physically or mentally challenged people in registrars.- Handing over the collected data to the supervisors and scrutinizing the data received by the supervisors.
- Handing the scrutinized data by the supervisors to the AROs and upon scrutiny by the AROs. compiling the data in accordance to areas. - Setting up voter registration centres and Upazila/ Thana server stations with assistance from army.
- Handing over the registration forms to the registration-centre team leaders by the AROs.
- Informing AROs about the dates, time and numbers by the team leaders for photograph-taking. Passing the information to enumerators through supervisors by the AROs. - By distributing chits/slips, enumerators inform the voters about time, datesand names of the centres for photographs-taking.
- Making all arrangements ready at the centres for photograph-taking.
Last Stage - Making the registration centres and server stations operational.
- Procuring and setting up the laptops, webcams. finger-print scanners, photocopy machines, generators etc.
Second Phase: Re-scrutinizing the Forms
- Obtaining and scrutinizing forms at registration centres.
- Serializing the forms in laptops. - Making entries of the forms in logbooks.
Third Phase: Data Collection and Identity Scrutiny at Reg. Centres
- Voters visiting the centres and handing over the slips to persons on duty.
- Collecting respective form and reaching out to the data entry operators.
- Identifying the voters by scrutinizers present at the centres.
- Making entries of data in the laptop (unless already entries are made) by the data entry operators.
- Taking of photographs, finger prints, signatures and handing over the receipts.
- Completing of any incomplete entries by the data entry operators. - Daily handover of data in laptops to the team leaders and transfer the same through them to the upazila-level server stations.
Fourth Phase: Registration of Physically Challenged. Jail Inmates, Missed-out Voters and Ailing People
- Identifying and informing about the voters missed out the registration.
- Registering the missed-out voters following the process described in Third Phase.
- Completing the registration of the physically challenged and seriousely ill people by door-to-door visits (in last three days).
- Informing the team leaders about the data of physically challenged and seriousely ill people and transferring the data to upazila servers through them. - Collecting data of jail inmates under special arrangements. Completing the registration process by visiting jails and taking the eligible inmates' photographs, fingerprints and signatures.
Fifth Phase: Data Processing at Upazila Sewers- Sending the data of jail inmates to concerned voter areas and entry those into computers.
- Processing all data at upazila servers. - Scrutinizing and improving the standard of data servers.
- Matching the data preserved at servers. - Identifying the duplicate voters. Informing the team leaders.
- Correcting the errors.
- Preparing the draft national ID cards and exhibiting the same. - Correcting the errors in draft national ID cards.
- Preparing the national ID cards and distribution.
Sixth Phase: Draft Voters List Printing and Finalizing- Preparing draft voters' list following Form-1.
- Exhibiting the draft voters' list. - Accepting objections on draft voters' list.
- Hearing on the objections and ordering of corrections by revising authority.
- Correcting the errors in draft voters' list in accordance to such orders. - Preparing the final voters' list.
- Authenticating the final voters' list by registration officer.
| 2013-11-26: The Conduct of Election Rules, 2008 (Amendment) |
| || see details |
| 2013-11-26: The Electoral Roles (2nd amendment) Act, 2013 |
| || see details |
| 2013-11-25: The Code of Conduct for Parliament Election, 2008 (Amendment) |
| || see details |
| 2012-08-02: No Compulsory National Identity Card |
| || see details ||